Important Information for SWIF Benefits Recipients
Activating the New Money Network Prepaid Debit Card
When you receive the Money Network prepaid debit card, you must activate it according to the activation sticker on the Card. You must create your own unique PIN for the new Money Network prepaid debit card as part of the activation process.
Ensuring Your Address is Correct
It is essential that the Department of Labor & Industry (Labor & Industry) has your current address to ensure that your new prepaid debit card is delivered promptly. If you have moved since initially applying for SWIF benefits, you should contact your adjuster immediately to update your mailing address.
Using the New Money Network Prepaid Debit Card
The Commonwealth will begin making benefit payments to Money Network prepaid debit cards on March 24, 2023.
The Money Network prepaid debit card will offer convenience and security:
- Benefit payments will be automatically loaded to your Card.
- Your Card can be used to get cash, pay bills, and make purchases everywhere Visa® is accepted.
- Your funds are protected if the Card is lost or stolen.
How to File for SWIF Benefits During the Transition Period
If you currently use a ReliaCard, you should continue to file for SWIF benefits during this transition period in the same manner as you have previously. You do not need to request a Money Network prepaid debit card – one will be sent automatically to the address on record with Labor & Industry.
Timeline – SWIF Benefit Payments During the Transition Period
- Starting February 17, 2023: New SWIF claimants who request payment by prepaid debit card will be enrolled with Money Network.
- February 17, 2023, through approximately March 20, 2023: If you file a claim during this timeframe, you will likely receive one or more benefit payments via check issued by the Pennsylvania Treasury Department and mailed to the address on record with Labor & Industry.
- February 28, 2023: The last day SWIF benefit payments will be loaded to ReliaCards.
- March 1, 2023, through March 23, 2023: If you received benefit payments via a ReliaCard prior to March 1, 2023, you will receive payments during this period via check issued by the Pennsylvania Treasury Department and mailed to the address on record with Labor & Industry.
- Beginning March 6, 2023: Money Network prepaid debit cards will be sent via U.S. mail to SWIF claimants who request payment by prepaid debit card.
- Beginning March 24, 2023: All SWIF benefit payments made via prepaid debit card will be loaded onto Money Network prepaid debit cards.
NOTE: When you receive your Money Network prepaid debit card, it may not have funds pre-loaded. Benefit payments to the Money Network prepaid debit card will begin on March 24, 2023.
Changing to Direct Deposit
If you would prefer to receive benefits by direct deposit, you can change your payment method on Labor & Industry’s website. Print and complete the “CLAIMANT AUTHORIZATION FOR DIRECT DEPOSIT OF SWIF BENEFITS” form and return it to the Pennsylvania Department of Treasury address listed on the bottom of the form.
U.S. Bank ReliaCard® Accounts
The last date that SWIF benefit payments will be loaded to your ReliaCard is February 28, 2023. If you have a balance on your ReliaCard after that date, you will be able to access your remaining funds and use your ReliaCard as usual.
ReliaCard balances WILL NOT transfer to the new Money Network prepaid debit card. You should continue to use your ReliaCard until the balance reaches zero ($0.00). You may also choose to transfer remaining funds to personal savings or checking accounts.
If you use the Bill Pay or similar functions of your ReliaCard, you should pay very close attention to your account balance starting on February 28, 2023. Since no new benefit payments will be loaded to your ReliaCard after that date, you should confirm that the remaining balance in your account is adequate to cover any bills you intend to pay using funds from that account.
The ReliaCard cardholder website and U.S. Bank ReliaCard mobile app will remain available to support those with remaining balances on their ReliaCard.
Money Network Debit Card Account Registration and Maintenance
Money Network Frequently Asked Questions (English)
Money Network Frequently Asked Questions (Spanish)
PA Office of Unemployment Compensation
PA State Workers’ Insurance Fund (Workers’ Compensation)
Money Network Debit Card Fee Schedule
A cardholder agreement, activation instructions, user guide, and complete fee schedule will be included in the envelope with your new Money Network prepaid debit card. You can also review the Money Network Prepaid Disclosures:
Money Network Prepaid Disclosures (English)
Money Network Prepaid Disclosures (Spanish)