For Immediate Release
February 16, 2016
PA Treasury to Host Free Webinars on Personal Finance
Five-part series begins on February 22 as part of America Saves Week
Harrisburg – The Pennsylvania Treasury is joining with partners in the public and private sectors to host a free, five-part webinar series to help Pennsylvanians learn more about a variety of financial planning topics during America Saves Week, February 22 – 27. Topics covered include how to make a budget, create a savings plan, manage debt, plan for retirement and save for higher education. Additionally, to help Pennsylvanians get on the path of saving for college, Treasury is offering free enrollment in the PA 529 Guaranteed Savings Plan – a $50 savings – with the enrollment code ASW2016.
Each free, 60-minute webinar is presented by an experienced financial professional and provides guidance on common financial challenges. Here is the free, 2016 webinar schedule and presenters:
- Monday, February 22, noon – Start Small Save BIG, presented by Soneyet Muhammad, director of education, Clarifi
- Tuesday, February 23, noon – Saving for Higher Education presented by Kelly Davis, program representative from the Pennsylvania 529 College Savings Program
- Wednesday, February 24, noon – Saving for that BIG Purchase presented by Derek Nowak, director of pro bono and president-elect for the Financial Planning Association of Central Pennsylvania
- Thursday, February 25, noon– Saving for Retirement presented by Tami Noll Russo, CPA, CFP, and member of the Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Friday, February 26, noon – Importance of Saving presented by Michael Wishnow, senior vice president of marketing and communication for the Pennsylvania Credit Union Association
“Saving for life’s goals is important, but some people never learn how to budget. Pennsylvania citizens will find these webinars very useful in identifying tools and strategies they can use to boost their economic security.”
Timothy A. Reese, State Treasurer
The Pennsylvania 529 College Savings Program offers two savings plans. The PA 529 Guaranteed Savings Plan (GSP) is a lower-risk plan that helps your savings keep pace with rising tuition. The PA 529 Investment Plan (IP) lets you choose from 13 investment options. Both plans provide a tax-free and flexible way to pay for college expenses at most higher education institutions across the country.
To register for the webinar series or learn more about America Saves Week, visit PA529.com
Media contact: Debra S. Tingley, APR, 717.783.2991 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The Pennsylvania Treasury is an independent department of state government led by the state treasurer, who is elected every four years. The department's primary duty is to safeguard and manage the state's public funds. It invests state money to generate income on behalf of the citizens of Pennsylvania, reviews and processes payments for state government agencies, and serves as custodian of more than $100 billion in state funds. Key Treasury programs include Unclaimed Property, PA 529 College Savings Program and the Board of Finance and Revenue.
To learn more visit patreasury.gov.