Treasury contracts with an outside financial advisor, VTL Associates, to assist in achieving its investment objectives.
The financial advisor's responsibilities include:
- Creating quarterly and annual reviews of investment performance;
- Conducting investment manager searches and making recommendations regarding the selection, scope of responsibility, and discharge of investment managers;
- Proposing benchmarks for managers under their purview for the Treasurer’s final decision;
- Assisting in the development and periodic review of the Investment Policy;
- Making recommendations for asset allocation plans and investment horizons; and
- Monitoring and evaluating the performance of the investment managers.
- VTL Associates has served as an investment advisor to the Pennsylvania Treasury since 2004.
- VTL Associates focuses on traditional equity and fixed income investments.