The INVEST program provides cash management for local governments and nonprofits.
Similar in concept to money market funds, INVEST offers two highly rated short-term investment pools and custom pools for longer-term investment needs.
INVEST's portfolios are managed by Pennsylvania Treasury investment professionals, who also oversee the investment and custody of nearly $80 billion in public funds. While INVEST funds are never commingled with state funds, Treasury can negotiate better rates by leveraging its purchase power for INVEST as well as its investment pool for state agencies. Treasury doesn’t seek a profit from INVEST, further helping to minimize costs to participants.
Flexibility and Choice
Daily Pool – This pool was specifically developed for local government entities such as:
- Municipal authorities
- School districts and their intermediate units
- Many other forms of local government
Community Pool – This pool was specifically developed for nonprofit entities with entity tax code status 501(c)(3), 501(c)(4), or 501(c)(6), such as:
- Charities and foundations
- Social welfare or advocacy organizations
- Professional and trade associations
Custom Pool – This pool features investment options developed by Treasury investment professionals for existing INVEST participants.
Why Choose INVEST?
- Monitored daily by Treasury investment professionals and Standard & Poor’s, the financial world’s premier rating company
- Earned highest ratings from S&P
- No minimum balance required for Daily or Community pools
- Custom Pool requires a minimum $100,000 deposit
- No required investment period for Daily or Community pools
- Custom Pool has term rates as requested by the participants
- No transaction, account maintenance, or wire or ACH charges
- All accounts are fully collateralized (guaranteed for repayment)
- Unlimited number of accounts
- Easy, convenient investment management – online or by phone
The program’s investment vehicles include:
- Federal obligations
- Repurchase agreements
- Various debt instruments
INVEST’s different pools with varying liquidity lets you structure your investments based on your goals.
The Daily and Community Pools offer daily access to your cash without penalty. Treasury's investment team can also develop custom pools for those who want to earn more in a longer-term investment vehicle designed to mature at a time when participant bills come due
INVEST requires all repurchase agreements (general obligations purchased by Treasury then sold back at a future higher rate) to be guaranteed for repayment (collateralized) at over 100% of market value. If this falls below market value, INVEST requires additional collateral.