Treasury contracts with two outside financial advisors – VTL Associates and Lowery Asset Consulting, LLC – to assist in achieving its investment objectives.
The financial advisors’ responsibilities include:
- Creating quarterly and annual reviews of investment performance;
- Conducting investment manager searches and making recommendations regarding the selection, scope of responsibility, and discharge of investment managers;
- Proposing benchmarks for managers under their purview for the Treasurer’s final decision;
- Assisting in the development and periodic review of the Investment Policy;
- Making recommendations for asset allocation plans and investment horizons; and
- Monitoring and evaluating the performance of the investment managers.
VTL Associates has served as an investment advisor to the Pennsylvania Treasury since 2004. VTL Associates focuses on traditional equity and fixed income investments. Learn more...
Lowery Asset Consulting is independent investment consulting firm serving a wide range of institutional and family office investors. Learn more...